I just invested in the best deal of the year! And you still have time to get in on the ground floor in developing the world’s must underused resource – girls.
Of the 130 million youth who are not in school worldwide, 70 percent are girls. Yet less than two cents of every development dollar goes to girls. The benefits of girls’ education are the answer to many of the global problems we face today.
My friend Tammy Tibbetts has created an amazing non-profit, She’s the First, in support of sending more girls to school worldwide. And they are gearing up for their biggest and baddest event of the year this Friday, Girls Who Rock.
What can you do?
* SHARE your story. Are you the first to do something in your family or community? Tweet us at #Classof2011
* DONATE $11 in honor of a grad you know on our CauseVox page, contributing to the sponsorship of 42 girls in Uganda, at the Arlington Academy of Hope. Currently less than 20% of girls in Uganda even graduate from high school.
* COME to the event if you are in the NYC area. Artists confirmed to perform include Nikki Jean, JoJo, Nina Sky, KimberlyNichole and Eddy. Purchase tickets here>>
* WATCH the show live on ustream.tv June 10th!
* SHOW off your gorgeous face with a GIRLS WHO ROCK Class of 2011 PicBadge on their Facebook or Twitter profiles: http://www.picbadges.com/girls-who-rock- 2011/
I am excited to be a part of the GIRLS WHO ROCK Class of 2011 and celebrate being the first in my family to write articles for national magazines. That accomplishment is close to my heart, as I learned that my grandmother loved to write only after she passed away.
Who run the world? Girls really can with your support.